Wojskowe Zakłady Uzbrojenia S.A. signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the University of Alabama in Huntsville on international cooperation in areas related to collaborative endeavors, mainly the project of establishing a State School of Higher Vocational Education at WZU.
The areas of cooperative and collaborative endeavors are primarily:
- collaborative research activities, publications and technical trainings;
- performance of bilateral programs in areas such as: anti-UAV systems, unmanned aerial vehicles and unmanned ground vehicles, mechatronics, optics, robotics, cyber-security and manufacturing (3D), enterprise security, logistics, automation.
Following the establishment of State School of Higher Vocational Education, subsequent plans additionally include:
- exchange of faculty members, undergraduates of State School of Higher Vocational Education, post-graduate students, bachelor students and other personnel for study, research, and internships;
- exchange of scholars to participate in lectures, tutorials, seminars, conferences, colloquia, and symposia;
- exchange of information regarding scientific and education events, such as scientific and methodological conferences and seminars.
The University of Alabama in Huntsville is one of the leading research universities in the United States, awarded by the Brookings Institution as the best public university in the state.